Milldam Public Relations is looking for a creative, articulate, and reliable Communications, Marketing, English, PR or Business student for our paid Internship. We are a young, growing PR firm outside Boston. We represent a number of clients within the technology industry, including those in data centers, energy conservation, IT and cloud computing. Previous knowledge of these fields is not required.
As a small and very busy company, we are looking for an intern ready to take on responsibility, contribute ideas, and help our clients tell their stories. You will gain actual skills in Public Relations, Marketing, and Business Development, and increase your knowledge of and experience working directly with clients. We also pay!
- Draft press releases, social media content, email marketing pieces, and more.
- Post original content/repost interesting pieces to our social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram).
- Pitch media publications via persuasive phone calls and emails.
- Update website content (Milldampr.com) — familiarity with WordPress a plus.
- Research and report on anything from media opportunities and reporters, to event venues and potential clients.
- Employ your skills in graphic design, editing, article composition, and efficiently using your time, among others.
- Develop and create ideas and content for our monthly email newsletter
- 15-20 hours available a week, January through April 2016.
- An open mind, some flexibility, and the desire to both learn and contribute — every day is different here!
- Previous writing experience or PR internships a plus
• $12 per hour