Milldam recently organized and held the first of Hurricane Electric’s Carrier Networking Events for 2013 on March 27, co-sponsored by Silicon Valley Web Builder.
From 6 to 8 PM, over 150 guests were in attendance and were able to meet carriers that have networks in Hurricane’s Fremont facilities including XO Communications and Level 3.
At 8 PM, Skydera founder and CEO Lecole Cole spoke on how to establish, scale and maintain a startup in the cloud. Cole reviewed:
- Initial costs of establishing a cloud presence
- Burn rate over the critical first six months
- Scaling while managing burn rate
- Cost-effective disaster recovery
- Cost-effective high availability
- Minimizing expenditures for reserved assets
The next full Carrier Event for Hurricane Electric is scheduled for the end of May.